Due to some unfortunate recent events with icon theft, this community has gone Members Only. Please read the rules before joining.
Luckily, you can sample some of our talented icon makers work through the Memories Section or by just browsing through old entries.
Firstly, you need to join the community to view any posts. The community's membership is not moderated so you don't have to ask to be added. Once you are a member, you'll be able to read entries and have posting access.
1. Stay on topic! Posts about Ev videos, news, concerts, or just plain random stuff will be deleted. Yes we love Evanescence, why would we make icons of the otherwise? But, many of us are also members of other communities, where this could be posted. We're a graphics community, so keep it to graphics.
2. Never, ever steal icons. Or present someone else's work of as your own original work. If you do either thing and someone catches it, you'll be banned.
3. For the love of God, please use the community's Memories Section, chances are whatever you're looking for is there. Especially if they are bases or screen caps.
4. No site/message board/community promos. The only exception is other Evanescence Livejournal communities.
5. If you're going to be kind enough to offer criticism, make it constructive. Be respectful of other members of the community.
6. No icon drama. Or at least public icon drama. I'm always happy to help resolve this kind of thing through email.
7. Post graphics relating to Evanescence.
For Icon/Graphic Makers:
1. Post more than three icons behind an lj-cut.
2. Post backgrounds and friends only banners behind an lj-cut.
3. Do not make posts in the community about icon theft.
For Icon Takers:
2. Credit (no exceptions)
3. Share (unless it's specified for just you)
For Icon Requesters:
1. Be as specific as possible.
2. Request Evanescence graphics only.
3. Post your request behind an lj-cut. Especially if it contains pictures.
4. Post it once. And only once.
5. Credit (no exceptions)
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I see entries and post?
How do I credit?
How do I use an lj-cut?
As always, if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, I'm always available on AIM or through my email.